Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Why does eating bacon every day offend you?

Naturally, that is a rhetorical question.  I am kinda taken back by all the questionably negative feedback, questioning of this diet, snarly looks when I'm eating, eager friends and family wanting to know when this challenge ends so I can drink with them again, etc etc etc. I'm not offended by it by any means and completely understand where the skepticism is coming from (safe to say I too was a skeptic until a couple weeks ago), I guess I just wasn't fully prepared for all the "care and concern".

I've had conversations with people who were truly deeply offended that my fruit intake is limited to apples at this point, or that I eat 2-3 cups of sautéed broccoli, asparagus and mushrooms as a side dish to my breakfast, which consists usually of 3 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, 1/2 an avocado and sometimes a little bit of sweet potato hash (I'll fill you in on that recipe too...nom! nom!).  And I get it!  I mean sometimes I look at my plate and question how I'm going to pack it all in...and then some how the whole plate disappears and I'm ready for a snack in 2-3 hours.  I'm not starving my self by any means, people!  This is the best I've ever eaten as a matter of fact.  I eat intuitively - when I want and till I'm satisfied.  I eat whole, nutritious meals and do not skip any.  When I grocery shop, those "expensive" cuts of meat that I used to skip out on buying, now I buy.  Know why?  Because I'm not spending my money on all the crappy boxed stuff sitting in the aisles.

I understand this is not for everyone and we all question or doubt what is unknown to us.  I never expected to feel as good or as strong as I have these past couple weeks.  So to answer the question, when is this diet challenge over.  I think it's safe to say it's not a challenge or fad diet with an expiration date, but a lifestyle choice.

I distinctly recall putting it out there, to the "universe" that I want to take my health and wellness to a whole new level and that's exactly what I am doing. 

What changes are you making to improve your health and wellness?

Cheers to bacon! Hooorah!

No comments:

Post a Comment