Thursday, March 21, 2013

I beat the system! Paleo Cookies!

I must disclaim first that due to the Paleo challenge Ive been partaking in, Im at the point where the sweet tooth cravings are few and far in between and an apple tastes über sweet...being that said...here is a recipe for a sweet potato cookie I concocted.

Peel 2 sweet potatoes and finely grate them

Mix in 2 eggs
Add a heavy dash of cinnamon and nut meg
Another dash of almond extract

Mix well, scoop into patties, flatten them out on the cookie sheet

I lined my cookie sheet with parchment paper...helps take out the excess moisture

Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes

Zach and I discussed potential improvement opportunities and we thought some orange zest would go lovely! Or even finely shred up some apple.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment