Sunday, May 19, 2013

MA! The Meatloaf!

I just realized it has been a really long time since I posted a new recipe...or anything for that matter.  I guess life has gotten a little crazy lately.  However, not too crazy to keep eating clean and training hard.

My handsome, Ginger, AKA boyfriend, Zach makes some pretty awesome crockpot Chili and "Caveman Chicken", which I'll post those recipes one of these days.  Along with before and after pics - his abs are SICK!...sorry, I'll focus now.

Today, I bring you Paleo friendly Meat Loaf!

  • 80%-20% ground beef
  • 2 eggs
  • Parsley - a hearty dash
  • 1 small onion - diced
  • 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
  • 2-3 thick strips of bacon - diced
  • garlic powder
  • onion powder
  • thyme
  • red pepper flakes
  • tomato paste
  • 1 small can of tomato sauce
Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour at 375 degrees.


Get your hands in there!  Mix it up!


Grease your Pyrex dish with bacon fat (yes, we keep a mason jar of left over bacon fat, don't judge!) Pour that mixture in and toss it in the oven!


Annnd....ENJOY!

Easy prep tip of the day:  Place whole sweet potatoes in the skin right on the oven rack and bake while cooking your meatloaf.  They pop right out of the skin and are great for packing lunch.  They are great to have on hand for the week!  Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment